Sure ’n’ Irish eyes will be havin’ plenty to smile about over the next week and a half as folks hereabouts tip their hats to Saint Pat’s. The following are just a few of the activities that have been scheduled for the annual wearin’ o’ the green:
- The Big Button Reveal & Auction will take place from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, March 9, at the O’Shaughnessy Distillery, 600 SE Malcolm Ave., Minneapolis. There will be tons of Irish cheer and goodies to bid on, including the commemorative Big Button for the 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. All auction proceeds will go toward the parade and local charities.
• Button Blitzing–West Seventh Night will take place on Friday, March 10. Commemorative parade buttons will be sold for $5 each beginning at 6 p.m. at Bennett’s Chop & Railhouse, 7:30 p.m. at Shamrocks and 9 p.m. at Joe & Stan’s to support the Saint Patrick’s Association. Each button purchased also comes with a chance to win $1,500.
• Kickin’ it Irish, a music and dance production marking its 10-year anniversary, will have 11 performances running March 10-12 and 16-17 at the Celtic Junction Arts Center, 836 N. Prior Ave. The show features the choreography of original Riverdance cast member Cormac Ó Sé. Tickets range from $20-$30, free for those 18 and younger, at celticjunction.org.
• The annual Get Lucky races will be held on Saturday, March 11, beginning and ending at Harriet Island Park in Saint Paul. A half marathon will begin at 8:30 a.m., followed by a 7K at 9 a.m. Awards will be given out in 14 age groups. Visit monster
• The 2023 Miss Shamrock Coronation will be held from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 14, at the Minnesota Music Cafe, 501 Payne Ave. The celebration will feature bagpipers, Irish dancers, local Irish dignitaries and more.
• Saint Paul’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step out at noon Friday, March 17. It will begin at Rice Park and travel along Fifth Street to Mears Park, which is a repeat from last year and was reportedly the original route in 1967.
• Following the parade, revelers are invited to head straight to CHS Field for the second annual Ballpark Hooley sponsored by Guinness from 1-3 p.m. The party will feature live music by The Serfs and Northerly Gales, Irish dancers, and plenty of Irish food and drinks. Admission to the Hooley is $5 in advance, $10 at the field, and free for children 5 and younger. Proceeds from the Hooley will benefit future parades and local charities. Visit stpatsmn.org.
COMMENTS TERMS OF SERVICE
MyVillager welcomes comments from readers. Please include your full name and the neighborhood in which you live. Be respectful of others and stay on topic. We reserve the right to remove any comment we deem to be profane, rude, insulting or hateful. Comments will be reviewed before being published.